HATS FOR KIDS – DO KIDS NEED TO WEAR HATS IN WINTER
The sun can still do damage
There are roughly four weeks of the year when UV levels are low enough that it's safe enough to be out in the sun without sun protection. We all know kids love being outdoors and playing in the park so its safe to assume UV rays are coming for your kids so keep those hats on!
The tricky thing about wintertime is that we are lulled into a false sense of security. It's cold so the sun draws us out into its warmth and because it's not as stifling hot as it is in summertime, we spend more time outside enjoying the warmth of the Winter sun. We're also more relaxed about sunscreen because we're covered up, but the part most exposed for the longest time - our heads - needs to be protected.
Why not try: a sun hat with a wintery print for the best of both worlds. A sun hat means eyes are shaded from the glare and heads and faces are protected.
We lose heat from or heads
Our bodies are great at adjusting to cold and warm temperatures, but above the neck isn't as good at adjusting the blood flow to warm us up. And because most of our body heat is predominantly lost through the head, a hat acts as a lid to keep that warmth in! Remember Babies can't adjust to temperature changes as well as adults and can lose heat rapidly, nearly 4 times faster than an adult, so it's important to keep their little heads covered.
Why not try: A warm hat that keeps the sun's glare out of eyes is ideal.
We couldn’t be more excited, to show you some of our finest products on today’s topic from our store fashion accessories, designer baby clothes online. Baby accessories in Australia with the latest range of neutral colours from Fig and Little.
Looking for something fashionable for your kids? Shop Australian designs ranging from dresses, onesies, overalls, rompers, tops, bottom wears, accessories and many more.
Unbeatable quality form Australian designers. Look at our online store and get your toddlers’ wardrobe filled with stuff they would love.
Have a look at some of our most popular hats for babies and kids from our range by clicking here we have also showcased one of our best-selling hats from Bedhead Hats Australia.
Check out the features of this product:
- Lightweight and comfortable for kids who fuss over hats.
- Wide brims with tapered crowns for great style.
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection.
- Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and coordinating plain-colour on the other.
- Adjustable and elasticised ties on the crown allow the perfect fit on both sides.
- Earthy colours and patterns inspired by nature for timeless style.
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements).
- Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which is recyclable, biodegradable and has a better-for-the-environment manufacturing process.
- Slightly flexible and shapeable brims for a more flowy feel without the flop.
- Wash & wear - gentle cold machine wash in a wash bag and line dry in the shade.
- Beautiful button-up leather 'Return to' label for names to help hats get home safely.
- Elasticised chin ties to keep hats in place (the elastic allows some stretch so not too tight).
This baby accessory product comes in different styles and colours, choose the style that you like and get your cart ready by clicking here. Trust us, you are going to love our hats sourced from Australian Designers that are both functional, stylish and suer comfy that babies and kids love to wear!
Before we end, some final words…
Likewise each baby is unique, so are the little one’s needs too!
Fig and Little can be your ideal shopping store with apparels ranging from kids to adults. Oh yes, and to add to the mix décor and gifts too.
We believe that great fashion comes from great Australian designers with styles and sizes to suit everyone alike with designer organic baby clothes, designer baby goods with trendy fashion accessories, gorgeous body products, Italian linen clothing, baby accessories and other unique Australian fashion brands which are all individually sourced right from home and abroad.
So, we finish on a happy note and hope you enjoy visiting our store. Happy shopping!
Peruse the online store for a taste of what could be yours or visit the East Gosford Boutique to view the complete range of colourful and beautiful products that make Fig and Little a delight to the senses!We thank you for visiting our blog section and hope we have made it a little easier in your choice of hats for your little ones.